Thursday, February 05, 2009

The Idiot Girl and the Flaming Tantrum of Death


So I was browsing Amazon from my beloved Kindle, whilst soaking in a deliciously warm tub of water, and I happened upon this book, as a link from a Chelsea Handler book. You know those "customers who bought this book also bought..." type of deal. So I hopped on over and realized that I could download this book absolutely FREE.

I should point out that me passing up a free book is like a crack head forcing a dealer to take all of his money. Ain't gonna happen in this lifetime.

So I got the book and I loved it. It's quirky, off-beat and self-deprecating. What fun!

The Idiot Girl and the Flaming Tantrum of Death by Laurie Notaro is the glimpse in the mirror that we all must face one day, so we might as well find ourselves laughing hysterically. Beats crying, right?

It's one of those books you can read while sitting at the doctor's office, while waiting for the repair guy to show up, or even while sitting in the back of a comparative religion class (guilty. It's just that entertaining!)

Don't believe me? Well who cares what you think. :-)