Saturday, January 10, 2009

I've fallen in love with my coffee cup. That is, I've fallen in love with what is in my coffee cup, and no, this time I'm not talking of breakfast blend mixed with Kahlua. I'm talking something Terriffic, with a capital Tea.

Since I've started trying to get Greener, and since I've discovered that naturally grown, fresh ingredients taste better, and have soooo much more nutritional value than those over-processed grocery store goods, I took my Tea-time to a whole new level. And of course I had to share!

You may be asking, "what's this got to do with Writing?"
Well, you've got to sip something while pounding away at the keyboard, and milkshakes will only expand your backside. Tea can be uplifting, complex, or nostalgic-- a perfect accompaniment to writing.

So, these are a few of my favorite teas: (Oh, no. Now I've got the Sound of Music in my head!)






And of course, with any loose tea, you have to have something to steep it in, either a package of loose tea bags thrown into a pot or cup of water, or you can get a handy little gadget that will strain the loose tea and let the liquid flow through.

My personal setup is an infuser/ cup combo. Loose tea in the infuser, infuser in cup . Add water. Wait. Enjoy.



Finding loose tea is becoming more and more popular as people realize that the taste is so much better, and the range of varieties is a great deal greater than your standard grocery store selection. You can browse around, or you can just visit Adagio Teas and save yourself some time.

I'd love to hear from tea lovers and the brands/ teaware that they use. Just leave a comment :-)