Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Great Books from Bookwise

I wanted to give you all a sample of the great books that can be purchased via Bookwise for considerable discounts, so I plan to post mini-book reviews here.


  • I just finished reading I Heard That Song Before by Mary Higgins Clark. This was a typically good little mystery, more of what MHC is known for. There is murder, infedelity, long-unsolved crimes, gambling debts and a sweet, yet naive woman in the center of it all. I read this book in one sitting, which means that I was hooked fairly easily into the plot. Take this one along to the beach, or for lazing in a hammock one vacation day.


    Mary Higgins Clark, I Heard That Song Before



  • I read Mitch Albom's For One More Day while sitting in Concourse B, Gate 10 waiting for my departure flight in Chicago. It is poignant, witty, and at times a little off-beat, but overall a deep read. I recommend this one for times when you are feeling a little bit more serious and introspective.


    For One More Day
  •